425 Abbey Ho a

Sculptures, on the Abbey-house. [ Abbey Grange, Magdalene St., which had been built in 1713 from materials salvaged from the Abbot's House, built by Abbot Bere and used by Henry VII 1497. ]

[ When John Fry Reeves purchased the Abbey and built the Abbey House in 1825-1830 he placed these carvings on it and above the gateway.  When his grandson Albert Porch Porch enlarged Edgarley House many were moved there and still adorn it. ]

All images and text © Glastonbury Antiquarian Society 2021

Site Map