Lloyds TSB Bank
1885 designed by G M Tilley
1844 Tythe No 67/68 house/garden owned by Edward Griffin, china, glass dealer
Tall neo-Gothic building dominating the George Hotel to west. Ashlar. 3 storeys and attics. Twin gables with parapets and finials above cornice with paterae and grotesque masks. Sill bands, stringcourses. Buttresses with set-offs flank front. 2 small decorative openings in gables, shield with swag and date 1885 between. 3 windows of 1 and 2-lights, all with roll mouldings and cusped heads. Small bay in centre of 1st floor with crenellated parapet and 3 lights. Sash windows, no glazing bars. Foliated frieze over ground floor which is divided into 5 bays by 1/2 shafts rising from a moulded plinth. 2 Tudor lights with crenellated transom to each bay. Arched entrance to right with foliated spandrels. Pointed wooden door.