TIC and Lake Village Museum c. 16th century
1844 Tythe No 62/63 house and garden owned by Jonathan Payne Newman and occupied by Jane Dowling as a school
Early C16 facade to a C15 structure. Formerly believed to be the Abbey courthouse, also used during the Monmouth Rebellion trials by Judge Jeffreys. 2 storeys. Freestone. Ground floor has a continuous range of 8 lights divided by stone mullions, and a doorway to left. The wooden door is original. Panels above the doorway have Tudor Rose and Tudor Royal Arms. In centre of 1st floor is a splayed oriel of 6 lights with a 2-light window to each side. All lights have uncusped heads. Moulded strings and parapet coping. Pantile roof. Interior has open timber roofs, some moulded plaster ceilings and fireplaces. Contains museum of Glastonbury Antiquarian Society. In guardianship of Department of Environment.