1850s Somerset Chief Constable’s residence; 1980s Convent
1844 Tythe No 267 house and lawn owned by Robert James
Set back in garden. Early moulded cornice and parapet. Stringcourse. Plinth. 5 windows. Stone architraves and cornices to ground floor windows. Sashes with glazing bars. One later stone bay. Stone Tuscan porch. Fanlight with tracery. Double 1 Entrance to garden is flanked by 2 gatepiers (approx 10ft) with moulded tops. Probably contemporary with house. Double wrought-iron gates with urn motif. Sections of low wall with steeply sloping tops to each side. A further pier to left.