No 25 rear
All of the first buildings on these sites probably built within the churchyard.
Church Lane patio
1844 Tythe No 49 School House owned by St John's Wardens & School Trustees and occupied by Revd D Parfitt
5 Church Lane: Easter Cottage
1844 Tythe No 47 house, shop and garden owned by Richard Chapman and occupied by Samuel Day
1844 Tythe No 48 house & c owned by Richard Chapman
Possibly C17 structure, altered alter. 2 storeys. Roughcast. Pantile roof. Eaves. Detail of windows is early C19, 1st floor has 2-light and ground floor has 3-light wood casements with Gothic heads. Central doorway with plain reveals and tiles wooden hood over. Low extension to left.
6 Church Lane
1844 Tythe No 46 garden owned by Richard Chapman
At right-angles to the east side of No 3 is a 2nd building of higher elevation. 2 storeys. Probably late C18 brick. Banded quoins. 3 windows (one blocked to 1st floor) with keystones and sashes, some glazing bars. Blocked-up door in centre of front.