Natural Roots Marchant’s Buildings to rear
1844 Tythe No 151 5 tenements owned by Robert Hunt and previously occupied by the late Richard Hancock
Probably mid C19, with some earlier fabric to rear. 2 storeys. Red brick. Pantile roof. 4 windows with stepped ashlar voussoirs. Sashes with glazing bars. Round-headed entrance in centre of ground floor with ashlar voussoirs and keystone. Modern shop-front to left. Doorway with stepped voussoirs. Original shop-window to right with fascia supported by paired curved brackets and pilasters. Through passage at rear is a long row of cottages. 2 storeys of lower elevation than street front. Red brick, continuous pantile roof. Most of the cottages have 2 small 1st floor casements with glazing bars, 1 door and 1 window (variety of sashes and casements) with segmental brick heads on ground floor.