The Wholefood Shop
The Wholefood Shop c. 1700; 1980 Raj Indian Restaurant; formerly the Vicarage, later known as St George's Hall c. 1720 staircase now in Victoria & Albert museum storage; blocked courtyard gate in west wall framed with re-used carved medieval roof timbers; 1902 windows added by F Merrick for the Misses Bailey
1844 Tythe No 3 house and garden owned by Hannah Moxham
A house dating from about 1700, front much altered. 2 storeys plus attic. Roughcast Pantile roof. Band defining frieze, coping. 3 windows. C19 oriels with tiled roofs to 1st floor. C19 bays to ground floor in splayed recesses with flanking squinches and dentilled cornices. Bays have 3-light sashes with a few glazing bars to upper floor. Very good moulded wood doorcase of earlier period, with broken pediment, inset acorn ornament, fluted pilasters and floriated volutes. Original 10-panel door. Interior has panelling etc of about 1700, and plasterwork to ceiling of stairwell. The staircase itself is now in America (V&A).