Roads & Properties

No 19

Old Vicarage

1844 Tythe No 1600 house & lawn owned by the Rev Thomas Parfitt

1844 Tythe No 1599 garden owned by the Rev Thomas Parfitt

Set back in garden. Early C19. 2 storeys. Stucco front. Hipped slate roof with projecting eaves. Moulded pilasters flank front. 3 windows. Sashes without glazing bars. Later splayed bays of 3 lights each to ground floor. Round-headed doorway with traceries fanlight. 1 above. Open pediment. 6-panel door. Modern extensions to each side. Garden wall along the street and returned towards the house on left. Ashlar blocks. 2 gatepiers in middle with incised panels and moulded entablatures. The returned section of wall rises to approx twice the height of the wall along street. Brick lining with buttresses facing garden.

Back to Street
All images and text © Glastonbury Antiquarian Society 2022

Site Map