Roads & Properties


Town Hall

Built 1818; 1877 lighting and decoration scheme; 1886 ground floor enclosed; 1890 new stairs & toilets;

1844 Tythe No 367 Town Hall owned by the corporation
1844 Tythe No 368 barton owned by John Fry Reeves and occupied by Thomas Hopkins and another

1818. 2-storey late Georgian ashlar front. Central 3-window section breaks forward under triangular pediment. Moulded cornice. Blocking course. Stringcourse. banded rustication to ground floor with 5 round-headed openings with keystones and stringcourse at impost level. 5 windows. Sashes in plain reveals with thin glazing bars. Entrances to left and right with semi-circular traceried fanlights and double doors with 2 panels each. Low ashlar wall along front of building with coping and plinth. Paired piers to each side with steps up.

Back to Street
All images and text © Glastonbury Antiquarian Society 2022

Site Map