The present marked cross, 1846 by Benjamin Ferrey.
Perpendicular. Ashlar. In 3 stages, with octagonal base supporting spirelet with openwork tracery, tabernacles and finials. Wrought-iron weathervane at apex.
Stands on the site of the former market cross which was built of stone, on an octagonal plan, having clustered pillars ranged round a central column supporting its roof. Adjoining the cross was an ancient conduit with a vaulted roof. The cross was demolished in 1808 and the conduit soon after. The cross is mentioned by Leland who visited Glastonbury about the middle of the C16.